Operating a research facility nearly a mile underground requires personnel with a wide range of skills, ranging from technicians and administrative personnel to engineers and research scientists. Sanford Underground Research Facility is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Sanford Underground Research Facility employs:
- Infrastructure and facilities technicians, with a variety of construction and maintenance skills
- Administrators working in finance, procurement, accounting, human resources and other areas
- Environment, health and safety professionals
- Engineers, including mining, mechanical and electrical engineers
- Water treatment plant operators
- Custodial workers, on the surface and underground
- Communications personnel
- Security personnel
- Project managers
- Hoist operators
- Scientists, including geologists, physicists and others
Open positions are listed below and to the right.