Media requests should be directed to the Communications Department, which is headquartered in the Yates Education Building at the Sanford Lab in Lead, South Dakota. The department also handles photo requests and general inquiries about the Sanford Underground Research Facility. Use the contacts links at right to contact Director of Communications Connie Walter or Multimedia Specialist Matt Kapust.
The Communications Department also:
- Maintains the Sanford Lab website
- Manages Sanford Lab social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and YouTube (links above)
- Publishes the weekly, one-page newsletter Deep Thoughts, which offers brief updates on the lab
- Publishes other print materials, including our Frequently Asked Questions flyer, available in PDF from the link at left
- Produces videos and assists other departments with other multimedia projects
- Contributes to the SURF Monthly Newsletter published by the Berkeley Operations Office at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California.
The Sanford Lab YouTube channel has a couple dozen videos about the Sanford Lab, including rare interviews with the Ray Davis, who earned a Nobel Prize for Physics for his experiment at in the Homestake gold mine.
To subscribe to the Sanford Lab's weekly one-page newsletter, click on Deep Thoughts. Click on SURF Monthly Newsletter to subscribe to the monthly newsletter published by the Berkeley Lab Operations Office. Press releases are archived at the link in the column at left. The In the News link leads to an archive of news stories about the Sanford Lab, organized chronologically, latest articles first.